Spend a relaxed girlfriend getaway in Linden, tn
- Walk around the town. Start with coffee at Dimples, look at local art in Buffalo River Artisans, shop at Sparky & Ringo’s, look at the arrangement’s in O’Bryan’s Flowers & Gifts, try on beautiful jewelry at Custom Creations and antique at Miss Mary Pauline’s.
- Spa day – If you need a little rest and relaxation, spend some time with Ms. Poochie at Spalon. Here you can have a massage, facial, pedicure, manicure, cut, color, you name it! Poochie uses Monat products that make your hair feel amazing! It’s a great way to unwind and treat yourself.
- Enjoy the great outdoors. Linden has some amazing scenery that you have to get out and enjoy for yourself. Some options are:
- Canoeing/Kayaking: Crazy Horse Canoe Rental, Buffalo Bud’s Canoe, Billy’s Kayak Adventures.
- Hiking: Mousetail Landing State Parkand Lady’s Bluff Nature Trail. (We hiked Lady’s Bluff and it was a pretty easy hike with a beautiful overlook.)
- Appreciate the arts. The town of Linden is covered with beautiful murals. Even their trash cans have beautiful art on them! Linden hosts the Blooming Arts festival every March, a writer’s conference in April, music workshops and much more. It’s such a creative town and everyone seems to have a side business in the arts. If you fancy yourself an artist, the Commodore Hotel has a painting class on Saturdays that are challenging and fun.
- Carry cash. A few places in town don’t accept card so either carry some cash with you or make a trip to the ATM at the town bank.
- This city is so safe. With a very low crime rate, this is one of the safest towns I have ever been in! Multiple people said they leave their keys in the car all the time and the people are so kind.
- Take the time to stop and chat. In every store we went into, we probably stayed a good 30 minutes extra just talking with the owners. It was so interesting to hear their stories and learn how they came to live in Linden.
Travel Inspiration from Tennessee local greta hollar Click Here for Article on TN Vacation
Spend a relaxed girlfriend getaway in Linden, TN
MAY 4, 2018
Linden, Tennessee is a short 1-hour and 30-minute drive outside of Nashville. As you head out of the city, you can sense things slowing down. As you turn off the highway and onto the one lane road, the buildings become scarce, but the scenery gets more and more beautiful.
It’s a place where everyone is warm and friendly, where you soon won’t be surprised if you stay an extra 30 minutes in a place, talking to locals. Linden is small in size, but big on the outdoors with shopping, music and delicious food sprinkled throughout the area. Take a deep breath of fresh air and jot down these notes for how to spend a girls’ weekend in Linden, Tennessee:
Where to Stay
The Commodore Hotel & Cafe: The owners of The Commodore, Michael and Kathy Dumont, are originally from Rhode Island and bought a farm in Linden as a vacation home. The Dumont’s quickly fell in love with the town of Linden and decided to call it home. The Commodore Hotel was built in 1939 and lovingly restored by the Dumont’s in 2007. This once forgotten landmark was resurrected as an intimate, 20-room retreat, brimming with rustic yet refined character. Each room is tastefully decorated with period antiques, luxury linens and furnishings handcrafted by local artisans. All rooms have a private bathroom and select suites have over-sized Jacuzzi tubs. You can enjoy the complimentary Wi-Fi, free parking, and continental breakfast.
The Commodore has grown over the years, expanding down the road into Miss Berdie’s Boarding House and turning an old bank building into hotel accommodations as well. The Commodore is currently expanding into a bed and breakfast in Clifton, Tennessee, that will open in June of 2018.
The room I stayed in at The Commodore was in Miss Berdie’s Boarding House and was the room Dr. Jill Biden stayed in when she visited. I loved the exposed brick on the wall, mini kitchen and amazing king-sized bed.
The Commodore was also where we ate all weekend. In the morning they have breakfast in their café and lunch and dinner is open to the public. See their lunch and dinner menus! They’re open every day for lunch but dinner is only available 6-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. If you stop by for dinner, they have the best live music!
Another spot to sit and enjoy at The Commodore is the Speakeasy that’s open 4-9 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. They have fun cocktail and specialty drinks and the atmosphere is so cozy and intimate!
What to Do
Once you’ve checked into The Commodore, put on your walking shoes and go enjoy this town!
A Few Extra Things
Click Here for Article on TN Vacation